The following programmes were conducted for teacher’s professional development.
Teacher Training 2018 # 1
Facilitator Mrs. Payal Chordia (Counsellor and Therapist)
- Difficulties with acquiring skills such as Reading, Spelling, Writing Comprehension and Mathematics
- Learning Differences
- Learning Disabilities
- Multi Sensory Program for regular curriculum
- Visual and Tactile aids
- Use of Assistive Technology
- Phonetics – Latest Global Phonetic Method
- Outcome- Empowers teachers with screening tools to identify children who may have learning difficulties which hinders school performance.
- To develop a multi sensory program to assist children to build on perceptual and logical skills.
- To understand learning differences and that no child is to be excluded.
- To provide equal opportunity in the class room and adequate and clear instruction to Pupils.
- To bring to attention any child who may need to referred for comprehensive diagnostic assessment.
- The following programmes were conducted for teacher’s professional development.
Teacher Training 2018 # 2
Facilitator ( Mr. Michael James Principal)
- Leadership and Vision Building
- Learning by doing
- Being Positive
- Cohesive Team work
- Appreciating Outcomes
- Fulfilling mission and objective
- Accepting differences
- Accommodating differences
- Moving Forward
- Scientific plan and systematic approach to work
- Self Introspection
- Teaching as a calling
- Outcome- Roadmap which will be the basis for future thinking and professional approach to work
Teacher Training 2018 # 3
Facilitator: Mrs. Sundari Subramanian (Teacher/ Resource Person from MacMillan Education Teacher training Services )
- Early Childhood education
- Activity Based Classroom
- Learning by doing
- Changing Classroom Environment
- Use of Outdoor spaces
- Use of Technology
- Enquiry based learning
- Problem Solving
- Student Engagement
- Gender sensitivity
Outcome- Royal Oaks World School has ensured that we have developed and invested in a program that includes Social, emotional, physical, intellectual, spiritual and cognitive development.